Implementation Opinions of Henan Provincial Department of Ecology and Environment on Strengthening the Prevention and Control of the Source of the Ecological Environment of the “Two Highs” Project
Ecological Environment Bureau of each province-administered city and Jiyuan Demonstration Zone:
In order to implement the decision and deployment of the Party Central Committee and the State Council on resolutely curbing the blind development of “two highs” (high energy consumption and high emission projects) projects and the “Ministry of Ecology and Environment on Strengthening the Prevention and Control of the Source of the Ecological Environment of High Energy Consumption and High Emission Construction Projects” “Guiding Opinions” (Environmental Assessment  No. 45), in adherence to benchmarking and international integration, in accordance with the requirements of fewer approvals, excellent processes, smooth systems, flexible mechanisms, high efficiency, and good services, deepen the reform of “delegating management and serving efficiency” , To further optimize the business environment and stimulate the vitality of market entities, at the same time, effectively control the access to the ecological environment of the “two highs” projects, resolutely curb the blind development of the “two highs” projects, and promote green transformation and development. Put forward the following implementation opinions:
1. Strengthen the management and control of ecological environment zoning and planning environmental impact assessment
(1) In-depth implementation of “three lines and one order”. In the implementation and refinement of the “three lines and one order” results and subsequent updates and adjustments, all localities should set the red line of ecological protection, the bottom line of environmental quality and the online resource utilization as hard constraints, and link up related carbon peaks, carbon neutrality, clean energy substitution, and coal consumption. Total amount control, energy, industry, and transportation structure adjustment and layout optimization requirements. For the control units involved in the “two highs” industry in the “three lines and one single” achievement, the ecological environment access list must specify the environmental access and control requirements of the local “two highs” industries, and the management and control requirements must include the space for the “two highs” industries Layout and scale, pollutant discharge, environmental risk prevention and control, resource utilization efficiency, etc. Effectively strengthen the application of the results of the “three lines and one order”, and use them as an important basis for the “two highs” industry layout and structural adjustments, and the site selection of major projects, and no breakthroughs must be made.
(2) Strengthen the effectiveness of planning environmental assessment. Promote the environmental assessment of industrial development plans and industrial park plans involving the “two highs” industries in accordance with the law. Industrial development plans involving the “two highs” industries (including provincial-level planning and provincial planning) and industrial parks involving “two highs” industries (including provincial-level city-level parks and provincial-level industrial clusters), and their plans The environmental impact report is reviewed by the provincial government.
The environmental impact assessment of industrial planning for industries involving the “two highs” should fully consider the regional environmental carrying capacity, energy consumption, carbon peaking target constraints, etc., implement regional environmental protection goals and the “three lines and one order” requirements, and strictly control and clarify the “two highs” industries Development scale, total amount of pollutant control, optimization of planning layout, industrial structure and implementation timing. The environmental impact assessment of industrial park planning should also increase the analysis of carbon emissions and emission reduction potential, fully consider the “two highs” projects and the upstream and downstream industrial chains driven by them, strengthen the ecological environment access requirements of the “two highs” projects and production processes, and promote ” Coordinated control of pollution reduction and carbon reduction in the “two high” industries and green and low-carbon development in the park. Industrial parks involving the “two highs” industries should carry out follow-up evaluation of planning environmental impacts in accordance with the law, ecological environmental protection measures, and timely optimize and adjust planning. All localities should strengthen the supervision of the effectiveness of the planning EIA of industrial parks involving the “two highs”, supervise and inspect the implementation of the park’s planning EIA, and deal with ineffective implementation in accordance with the law.
2. Strictly control the access to the ecological environment of the “two highs” projects
(1) Strictly approve the environmental assessment of the “two highs” project. Strictly implement the environmental impact assessment grades of construction projects as determined by the “Construction Project Environmental Impact Assessment Classification Management Directory (2021 Edition)” and shall not be changed at will. With the consent of the provincial government, the approval authority of the environmental impact assessment documents of the “two highs” project is transferred to the provincial department. Zhengzhou City, Luoyang City, Zhengzhou Airport Economic Comprehensive Experimental Zone, and China (Henan) Free Trade Pilot Zone enjoy the benefits other than the “two highs” project. Provincial EIA approval authority. The approval of the environmental impact assessment documents for the “Two Highs” project of the provincial government shall be determined by the administrative committee of the government. The scope of the “two highs” project is currently determined to include steel, iron alloys, alumina, electrolytic aluminum, carbon for aluminum, copper-lead-zinc-silicon smelting (including primary and recycled smelting), cement, lime, building ceramics, bricks and tiles (with sintering process) ), refractory materials (with sintering process), corundum, flat glass, coal power, refining, coking, methanol, nitrogen fertilizer, acetic acid, chlor-alkali, calcium carbide, asphalt waterproof materials and other 22 industry investment projects in the middle-year comprehensive energy consumption1 Projects above 10,000 tons of standard coal. In the future, if the state or our province has new regulations on the scope of the “two highs” project, those regulations shall be followed.
(2) Strictly control the access to the ecological environment of the “two highs” projects. New construction, reconstruction, and expansion of “two highs” projects shall comply with ecological environmental protection laws and regulations and relevant statutory planning, and meet the total control of key pollutants, carbon emission peak targets, “three lines and one single”, relevant planning environmental impact assessment and industry construction project environment Admission conditions, requirements of environmental assessment and approval principles.
Petrochemical and modern coal chemical projects should be included in the national industrial plan. New and expanded petrochemical, chemical, coking, non-ferrous metal smelting, and flat glass projects should be located in industrial parks established in accordance with laws and regulations and subject to planning and environmental assessment. Steel, electrolytic aluminum, cement, flat glass, traditional coal chemical industry (methanol, synthetic ammonia), coking, aluminum carbon, lead-zinc smelting (including recycled lead), brick and tile kilns, refractory products, in principle, new construction and expansion are prohibited. New capacity projects, including steel, electrolytic aluminum, cement, flat glass, and coking, still need to meet the requirements of national capacity replacement or industry development planning in our province. It is forbidden to build or expand ceramic projects that use coal as fuel. In principle, no new coal-fired self-supplied boilers, self-supplied coal-fired units and fuel gas generators will be built.
The process technology and equipment that should be adopted in the construction and expansion of the “two highs” project, the unit product energy consumption, material consumption, water consumption and other clean production levels and pollutant emission intensity should reach the clean production level, and the national and provincial performance-graded key industries should be newly built and expanded The project has reached the A level, and the reconstruction project has reached the B level or above. The long-distance transportation of bulk materials is given priority to rail, pipeline or water transportation, and the short-distance connection is given priority to using new energy vehicles. The key areas encourage blast furnace-converter long process steel companies to transform into electric furnace short process companies.
New “two highs” projects should follow the requirements of the “Notice of the General Office of the Ministry of Ecology and Environment on Strengthening the Supervision and Management of Regional Reduction Measures for Construction Projects in Key Industries” (Environmental Environment Assessment  No. 36), and formulate supporting regional pollutant reduction plans to ensure environmental quality In areas exceeding the standard, the emission of key pollutants will be reduced by multiples, and in principle, the areas meeting the environmental quality standards will be reduced by the same amount. New coal-consuming projects should also adopt coal consumption reduction alternative measures in strict accordance with regulations, and high-polluting fuels should not be used as coal reduction alternative measures. All localities must strictly control the regulations and refuse to approve projects that do not meet the above-mentioned regulations in accordance with the law.
(3) Explore and carry out pilot projects for carbon emission evaluation of environmental impact assessment. Set up a special chapter for carbon emission assessment in the environmental impact assessment documents, carry out carbon emission calculations, and implement relevant regional and industry carbon peak action plans, clean energy substitution, clean transportation, and total coal consumption control.
3. Strengthening the supervision of “two highs” projects
(1) Accurately grasp the base of the “two highs” project. All localities should strengthen overall planning and coordination, and work with development and reform departments to sort out and investigate the “two highs” projects that have been completed, under construction and proposed to be built in their jurisdictions, find out the project base, and establish a ledger for the environmental review and approval status of the proposed “two highs” projects. The “two highs” projects that have accepted EIA documents since 2021, the “two highs” projects that have been approved for environmental assessment documents, and the “two highs” projects that have been included in the plan by relevant departments will be included in the ledger (see the attachment for details), and in 2021 Report ([email protected]) before October 25, and dispatch once every six months.
(2) Carry out review of environmental impact assessment documents. Carry out the quality review of the environmental impact assessment documents for the “two highs” projects that have been approved for the environmental impact assessment. If the environmental assessment documents have serious quality problems, falsified, fraudulently obtained environmental assessment approvals through fraud and other improper means, the environmental assessment approvals shall be revoked in accordance with the law, and the environmental assessment units and compilers shall be dealt with in accordance with the law , Strictly investigate and deal with irresponsible and illegal EIA units and personnel, purify the EIA market, and improve the quality of EIA.
(3) Strengthen the management of pollutant discharge permits. Strengthen on-site inspections of “two high” enterprises that have applied for pollution discharge permits. For construction projects that have not obtained EIA approval documents in accordance with the law, they have not included enterprise peak-shift production and emergency control requirements, and hazardous wastes in the pollution discharge permit. The discharge of key pollutants is not Those who meet the technical specifications for pollutant discharge permit application and issuance, environmental assessment approval documents or total control requirements, fail to implement production capacity replacement, regional pollutant reduction, and other requirements for improving the ecological environment quality, or fraudulently reduce regional pollutants, shall not be issued according to law. allow dirty. Strengthen the inspection of the quality of pollution discharge permits and the submission of implementation reports for “two high” enterprises, and urge enterprises to do well in accounting records, implementation reports, self-monitoring, environmental information disclosure, etc.; for those holding pollutant discharge deadline rectification notices or pollutant discharge permits There are “two high” enterprises with rectification issues, closely tracking the implementation of rectification, and discovering that the rectification has not been completed on time, and disposing of it according to law.
(4) Strengthen the supervision of ecological environment law enforcement. All localities should include “two highs” enterprises under “double random, one open” supervision, and use pollutant discharge permits as the main basis for law enforcement and supervision. For those under construction, focus on checking the environmental impact assessment procedures, whether the ecological and environmental protection measures are implemented at the same time, and whether there are major changes; for those that have been put into production or use, they should also check the environmental impact assessment documents and approval requirements for air, water, hazardous waste and other pollution The implementation of requirements for prevention and control measures and the reduction and substitution of key pollutant areas, and the application and implementation of pollutant discharge permits. Any violations of “construction before approval”, failure to implement environmental protection measures, discharge of pollutants without a certificate, and discharge of pollutants without a certificate shall be investigated and dealt with in accordance with the law.
Four, safeguard measures
(1) Improve political positions. All localities must thoroughly implement the spirit of General Secretary Xi Jinping’s important instructions, earnestly strengthen the “four consciousnesses”, strengthen the “four self-confidences”, and achieve the “two safeguards”, unify thoughts and actions into the decisions and deployments of the Party Central Committee and the State Council, and attach great importance to them. To curb the blind development of the “two highs” projects, and to resolutely curb the blind development of the “two highs” projects as soon as possible.
(2) Improve service level. Everywhere must be mastered
“Two highs” project ecological environment access policy requirements, to help guide enterprises to build in accordance with laws and regulations. The provincial department will also continue to strengthen training and assistance and guidance.
(3) Strengthen accountability. All localities must strictly investigate the illegal activities of the “two highs” enterprises without approval, first investment, unlicensed discharge, and non-licensed discharge, order the restoration of the original status, stop construction, suspend production and rectification according to law, and deal with relevant responsible personnel. And expose typical cases in time. Strengthen the accountability of environmental impact assessment units and preparation personnel, approval and assessment personnel, experts, and supervisors for failing to perform their duties in accordance with the law and for lax inspections. If the implementation of the ecological environment prevention and control measures of the “two highs” projects is not effective, regional approvals shall be implemented in accordance with the law and included in the provincial ecological environmental protection inspection.
This document will be implemented since the date of issuance, and the “Emergency Notice on Strengthening the Management of Environmental Assessment and Law Enforcement Inspection of Heavy Pollution Projects” will no longer be implemented.